October 30, 2016
Do you like good music? Do you like good booze? Well, have we got a podcast for you!
For the next hour, strap on your headphones, turn the volume up to 11, sit back in your favorite comfy chair, fill your cup with your favorite libation, and be ready to be entertained, enlightened, maybe even educated, but most certainly intoxicated as we delve deep into two of life's simplest pleasures.
In this episode you will find upcoming fall and winter festivals, booze reviews - Golden State vodka and Omission beer, a segmend called "Who Sampled Who?," a unique tribute to Phife Dawg from A Tribe Called Quest from a Los Angeles brewery, a segment where we compare and contrast a cover song and its original version, and our main attraction, which we are calling A Pour and a Score: like matching a fine burgundy with a just-seared filet mignon, we pair up booze - beer, wine, cocktails, shots - with what we think is the best matching music.
Through it all audience participation is encouraged and expected.
Song samples featured this episode:
- Suicide Machines "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" (paired with O-Mission beer). Listen to it here.
- Lyrics Born "That's It" (paired with Golden State vodka). Listen to here.
- Tribe Called Quest "Buggin' Out" (paired with Buggin' Out Pale Ale, from Mumford Brewery. Listen here.
- For more information on Mumford Brewing, which features the Buggin' Out Pale Ale, check them out here.
- Who Sampled Who segment (click on link to go to Youtube video):
- The Great Cover Up segment
- Feature Story: One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer
You can also call us at (415) 842-2669, or (415) 842-BOOZ and tell us your story, give us your idea on a pairing or a recent cocktail, beer, wine you tasted, and we might feature you on an upcoming episode!
Thanks for listening!