Mead is considered one of the oldest man-made alcoholic beverages - but how was it first discovered? Join us on a journey that starts 10,000 years ago in deepest darkest Africa, and takes us to a European landscape dotted with vikings. From there we take a leap in our time machine to Iceland. And somehow, Led Zeppelin comes in to play. It's all connected, trust us. We also include three mead reviews (and matching songs), peek at the samples used in St. Germain's "Sure Thing," and decide whether a Led Zeppelin tribute/parody band's cover version might be better than the original.
SONGS FEATURED (in order of appearance):
- Led Zeppelin: Immigrant Song
BOOZE & MUSIC PAIRINGS
- ManOWar: Gates of Valhalla
- Paired with: B. Nektar's Zombie Killer
- Horrible Histories: Literally - The Viking Song
- Paired with: Groennfell Meadery's Vakyrie's Choice Craft Mead
- Zergananda: The Path to Valhalla
- Paired with: Bunratty Meade Honey Wine
WHO SAMPLED WHO
- Original song: St. Germain's "Sure Thing"
- Songs Sampled:
THE GREAT COVER UP
- Dread Zeppelin: "Immigrant Song"
- What do you think of our pairings? Let us know your thoughts on the show: firstname.lastname@example.org